Cyber Security News
- China to Launch PC Operating System This Fall (August 24, 2014)
- USIS Breach Affected Undercover Investigators (August 22 & 23, 2014)
- White House Cyber Security Czar's Technical Experience Comments Spark Debate (August 22 & 25, 2014)
- Shortage of Cybersec Professionals Exacerbated by Hiring Barriers (August 25, 2014)
- NIST Report Urges Tighter Implementation of SSH (August 25, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Heartbleed Risk Continues as Servers Remain Unpatched
- Mobile Forensics is Changing Offender Profiling
- Agency Incident Response Rate
- Massive Cyber Attack on Oil and Energy Industry in Norway
- Windows XP-heavy Turkey Overrun with GoZ Infections
- Cybersecurity Hiring Crisis: Rockstars, Anger and the Billion Dollar Problem
- DoE Sinks $3M into Quantum Encryption
- Feds Warn First Responders of Google Search Hacking Tool
- Improved Image Analysis Tools Speed Exploited Children Cases
- Backoff, Dairy Queen, UPS & Retail's Growing PoS Security Problem