Cyber Security News
- European Central Bank Breach (July 24, 2014)
- Six Charged in Connection with StubHub Fraud (July 23 & 24, 2014)
- Is the Internet of Things Getting Too Big? (July 24, 2014)
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Allows Stingray Use in Murder Case (July 24, 2014)
- UK Travel Agency Fined for Violating Data Protection Act (July 24, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Stalking Predators Online Stresses Cyber Cops
- Russia Offers $111,000 Bounty to Break Tor Privacy
- Security Automation: Are Humans Still Relevant?
- Software Forensically Recovers Watched YouTube Videos
- How Spy Agencies Keep Their 'Toys' from Law Enforcement
- The Apple Backdoor that Wasn't
- Talk Forensics - Expert Witness Testimony
- Have Police Really Cracked Tor?
- Hackers Only Need to Get It Right Once, Security Needs to Get It Right Every Time
- Internet Explorer is the 'Sweet Spot' for Cyber Criminals