Cyber Security News
- Attackers Exploited Heartbleed to Access Canada Revenue Agency Data (April 14, 2014)
- Heartbleed Flaw Caused by "Trivial" Coding Error (April 11, 2014)
- KKR Adds Cyber-Risk Score to Company Assessments (April 11, 2014)
- US Sought International Help in Stopping DDoS Attacks on Bank Websites in 2012 (April 11, 2014)
- NSA Denies it Knew About Heartbleed Vulnerability (April 13, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Fake Peoria Mayor Twitter Account Prompts Raid
- The Hidden Costs of Heartbleed
- 3 Million Customer Credit, Debit Cards Stolen in Michaels, Aaron Brothers Breaches
- Military Satellite Systems Vulnerable to Hacking
- Binary Files Analysis
- Target Hackers May Take Years to Find
- Merging VMDKs & Delta/Snapshot Files
- Dark Web Search Makes Buying Guns and Drugs Easy
- Student Hacker Arrested for Heartbleed Breach
- Did a Faulty Memory Feature Lead to Heartbleed?