Cyber Security News
- Why Security Auditors' (GAO) Recommendations Can't Be Implemented (See especially Pescatore note after the story) (April 17, 2014)
- Report Examines Relative Security of Web Programming Languages (April 18, 2014)
- Malware Steals Apple ID Credentials from Jailbroken iOS Devices (April 21, 2014)
- Deltek Breach May be Part of Larger Investigation (April 21, 2014)
- UK File-Sharing Site Closes Over Threats of Jail Time for Operators (April 21, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- NIST Removes Cryptography Algorithm from Random Number Generator Recommendations
- iPhones and Macs Get Cryto Bug Fix
- If an Android Has a Heart, Does It Bleed?
- Ramping Up Cybersecurity
- OpenBSD Forks OpenSSL to Create Safer SSL/TLS Library
- Forensic Thumbdrive Imager
- Two Vital Pieces of Computer Evidence Have a Hidden Source
- Dutch Man's Case Linked to Amanda Todd
- Crime is Not Falling, It's Moved Online
- Chicago Teams Created to Target Cyber Crime, Securities Fraud