Cyber Security News
- ICS-CERT Warns Heartbleed Still Unpatched in Some Siemens Products (July 18, 2014)
- Microsoft XML Core Services Vulnerabilities (July 18, 2014)
- Government Grade Malware Used in Criminal Attacks (July 17 & 18, 2014)
- Court Orders to Block The Pirate Bay are Ineffective (July 19, 2014)
- Second-hand Aloha Point-of-Sale Terminal Contains Sensitive Data (July 18, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Meet the Online Tracking Device that is Virtually Impossible to Block
- Snowden Urges Hackers to Make Spilling Secrets Safer
- Black Hat Tor Talk Cancelled
- Gmail Account is Fair Game, Says US Judge
- Forensic Scientist Identifies 'Back Doors' Running on iOS
- Russia Caught Editing Wikipedia Entry about MH17
- The Dangers of Social Media in the Military
- Criminal Software, Government-grade Protection
- Computer Forensics Reveal Murderous Searches
- NIST's Future without the NSA