Cyber Security News
- NSA Director Says Critical Infrastructure Data Stolen (November 20, 2014)
- Citadel Trojan Now Targeting Password Managers (November 19 & 20, 2014)
- Senate NSA Bill Blocked in Procedural Vote (November 18, 2014)
- Webcam Streaming Site Found Underscores Need to Reexamine Security (November 20, 2014)
- NATO Cyber Defense Exercise (November 20, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Spark DNS Bounces DDoS Attack
- Using Company Devices for Personal Activities Leads to Data Loss
- Russians Spy on UK Baby Monitor, CCTV and Webcam Feeds
- NSA Director Warns China Can Damage US Infrastructure
- 12-year-old's Online Life Leads to Abduction
- Russian Cyber Espionage Under the Microscope
- Solid State/Hard Drive Differences
- Some in NSA Warned of Backlash
- Hackers to Probe Cybercrime Defenses at British Banks
- Malware Authors Making a Payday Off Encryption