Cyber Security News
- Illinois Bank Urges People to Stop Using Credit Cards in Cabs in Chicago (March 3 & 4, 2014)
- Secret Service and Sears Investigating Possible Breach of Corporate Network (February 28 & March 1, 2014)
- Sands Casino Says Breach Did Compromise Some Customer and Employee Data (February 28, 2014)
- DHS's Phyllis Schneck Talks About Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Initiative (March 4, 2014)
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy Protection (February 28, March 2 & 3, 2014)
Welcome To URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
The University of Rhode Island Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center (DFCSC) supports state, national, and international public welfare through education, research, training, and service in forensic investigations and securing information systems. The URI DFCSC is a recognized national leader in providing a strong, cutting-edge, comprehensive program in both fields.
In the fields of Digital Forensics and Cyber Security we provide:
- Education and Training: We teach courses in basics and advanced topics of digital forensics and cyber security. We offer undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, and professional certifications in Digital Forensics. Read more.
- Research: We perform research to develop new tools and techniques for digital forensics and cyber security investigations. Read more.
- Service: We have a state-of-the art lab where we perform digital forensics services for the legal community and support law enforcement agencies in their investigations. We also provide consulting support to Emergency Management and Law Enforcement agencies in providing cyber security protection to the public. Read more.
Academic Excellence in Research and Education
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security (NSA/DHS) have selected the University of Rhode Island as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education and in Information Assurance Research. Read More
Digital Forensics News
- Elite Security Posse Fostered Founders of WhatsApp, Napster
- Tor Anonymity and Hidden Services Attracts Cyber Criminals
- Man Said to Create Bitcoin Denies It
- Education in Digital Forensics
- Scientist-devised Crypto Attack Could One Day Steal Secret Bitcoin Keys
- Barrett Brown Hyperlink Charges Dropped
- Government in the Cross Hairs
- American Career Aspirations Do Not Include Cybersecurity
- China's Burgeoning Mobile Cybercriminal Underground
- CEO of Bitcoin Exchange Found Dead in Singapore