Information and Resources for Professional Masters Program

In addition to the general information provided to all students, please review the Frequently Asked Questions for important information.

What must I do once I have been accepted?

Once you have been accepted into the program, you must complete the following steps by no later than August 15th.

  1. Register in e-Campus - Once you have obtained a URI ID Number, you can register for an e-Campus account. Having an e-Campus account will allow you to register for courses, view billing information, and more. To do this, please go to and click on "First time users register here" on the left to go through the process of creating E-Campus credentials. This allows you to get an ECampus user name (also called ECampus ID). This is a one-time process.
  2. Additional Information - In addition, you also need to obtain a URI e-mail address, access to Sakai, and make sure that you have the proper computer equipment. This information can be found by using the link on the right for General Information for All Students

Even though this must be done by no later than August 15th, we recommend that you begin the process as soon as you receive your acceptance into the program. That way if you encounter any problems during the enrollment process, we have sufficient time to work through them before classes start.

Registering for Classes

We restrict access to the Digital Forensics and Cyber Security courses during the Fall and Spring Semesters. When registration opens, please contact for a permission number. Please provide your Student ID number.

During the Summer Semester, you will only need a permission number for CSF 590. Please note that the graduate section for courses during the Spring and Fall is 0250. The graduate section for courses during the summer is 5000.

When registering, make sure to uncheck the box that says ‘show available courses only.’ This will allow you to see the classes we restrict to our PSM students.

If you have any issues with registration, please contact

Do you have a Program of Study to help layout my course schedule?

Yes, the Masters Program of Study form must be filled out during the first semester of enrollment in the program. Please consult the program requirements page to see the course options. Dr. Lisa Dipippo ( should be listed as both the Advisor and the Department Chair.

You must enter your advisor email address correctly. Failing to do so will result in the form being lost.

What must I do throughout the program?

For students enrolled in the program, it is your responsibility to:

  1. Register for Classes Promptly - To ensure that classes are not canceled due to low-enrollment it is important that students register for classes early. We ask students to register for courses, at least 10-12 weeks before the start of a course. Student's sometime encounter errors when attempting to register for a course, due to a hold placed on their account by the University. This can happen for a number of reasons, and if you experience problems registering you should contact Enrollment Services, whose number is provided in the column on the right.
  2. Paying Tuition Promptly - The University does not allow students to register for courses in upcoming semesters, if they have not already paid their tuition from past or current semesters. Therefore, it is important that you pay your tuition bills on time so that you can enroll in upcoming courses promptly. Billing information can be found in e-Campus.
  3. File a Leave of Absence - If you don't or can't take classes one semester for any reason personal, lack of classes, or simply need a break, you must file a leave of absence form. If you do not register and don't complete a Leave of Absence you will be removed from the University and pay a re-registration fee to re-enroll.Read more about leave.

Adding a Certificate

If you are enrolled in a the Professional Science Masters, adding a Certificate is done by completing the form called Request to Change or Add a Degree Program.

What must I do when I am ready to graduate from the program?

In order to graduate from the program and receive your masters degree, you must submit the Nomination for Graduation form. During the first few weeks of your last semester, you will need to file your Nomination for Graduation for each Program you are in. Dr. Lisa Dipippo ( should be listed as both the Advisor and the Department Chair.

You must enter your advisor email address correctly. Failing to do so will result in the form being lost.

You need a Nomination for Graduation Form for each Program you are in. If you are in two Graduate Certificate Programs, you will need two Nomination for Graduation forms. If you have a PSM and added a Graduate Certificate, you will need two Nomination for Graduation forms as well.

Program Advising Assistance

If you have questions about the program you can contact the Program Coordinator Beth Very ( with questions. Most information about the program is available on this website or on the Graduate School site. Requests for additional resources and program specific questions can also be sent to

Program Specifics

Useful Phone Numbers

  • URI Webmail Help Desk
    (401) 874-4375
  • Sakai Help Desk
    (401) 874-4375
  • Enrollment Services and Billing
    (401) 874-9500
  • Graduate School Admissions
    (401) 874-2872
  • Graduate School
    (401) 874-2262